My experience living with Maya Indians was so rich. I love to share it.
I wear the traditional Maya dress that Thomasa made for me. I bring Maya
slate carvings, weavings and baskets to show.
A school visit can take several forms.
- School-wide 45 minute to an hour cultural slide show, "Living
with the Maya", including a discussion of cultural awareness and
appreciation of diversity.
- Individual class presentations including "how to" of journaling,
writing, photographing, submitting, revising, editing and publishing
a book. I can bring the large folio sheet straight off the printing
- For very young students I can read Hands of the Maya and
then help them to grind corn by hand and make tortillas as shown in
- $500 for full day including school-wide slide show and 3-4 class presentations
- $200 for slide show only
- $100 for each individual class presentation